So the 5/15 minute experiment didn't go so well. Although it seemed like a fun idea at first, in the end it felt too contrived. I felt like I needed a better motivation and guide for blogging than trying to create a post in five or fifteen minutes. This probably isn't surprising, since the Spirit usually makes me squirm uncomfortably when I'm doing anything for any other purpose other than for God.
Searching for this better motivation lead me to pray about the purpose of this blog and why I even do this in the first place. After skipping around in my concordance, I finally settled on wanting to please God, above anything, with the things I write. So instead of becoming focused on trying to be really clever or creative, I just need to focus on Him.
Hence the blog's new title: nineteen:fourteen and is based upon Psalm 19:14: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." (from the NIV).
I think this approach will be much more fruitful than the branches He's pruned from me thus far. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment